Tuesday, June 5, 2007

8 Things about me

So Minnesota Mom has challenged me to tattle on myself a bit. I'll have to think hard and come up with at least one she doesn't know yet from my denizen of dark secrets. Hmmm...


For this meme, each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules
of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At
the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then
goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have
been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. I speak french; not well, but I try. I began learning french when the german class was too full at our little high school and I was told to take the class if I wanted to have a foreign language credit that semester. But why a foreign language? I decided in 8th grade that taking a foreign language was mysterious and exciting, like being a spy or taking typing. (Seriously, that the was mental equation)

2. I secretly aspire to be a writer someday. I have always loved to put pen to paper and be part of that mysterious creation. Which leads me to #3:


3. I am a serious, dyed in the wool, hard-core procrastinator. I "have all the good intentions" and so on, but I get lost in the shuffle of daily life. Admittedly, I have made real progress through the years, but making and keeping priorites, is, well, something I'm still learning.

4. I have lived in 7 states: Indiana, Minnesota, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Texas, and Alaska. How's that for geography? North to South, East to West and a bit in the middle. Brian says the next move will have to be to a territory, just to keep up the theme. (The next move?!?) I never cease to be amazed at the goodness of people and how unique each place is and was.


5. I am not a "natural" mom. I have always admired moms who effortlessly cuddle their wee babes and straighten their young men's ties with finesse and affection. To me, this is a learned skill. God, in His infinite goodness has given me oodles of grace in this area.


6. I have 8 siblings: 5 here with us and 3 wee 'uns rejoicing in the beatific vision. I am number 4 and have yet to learn how to not cook far more food than the 4 1/2 of us here need to eat.


7. I am a collector of things. I love teapots and baskets, fabric and paper, books (and books and books and books) and all office supplies. Hence, I am having a garage sale before moving across town in a few short weeks.


8. I have a wickedly short temper. St. Jerome is my bud. He knows my need. This is one of those "growing with time and grace" things. I still boil over sometimes, but most of it gets dealt with inside rather than after the fact. Mercifully, Our Lord also gave me a fairly short memory. While I might have been wildly angry yesterday, I might not remember why today. Only that I need to apologize.

So, who to tag? How about Lauren, both Summa Mamas, and Helen? That's not 8, but it is what I came up with.

1 comment:

Margaret in Minnesota said...

I may have known these facts already, but being the "literary" type (as I clear my throat and reach for my pipe), I still LOVED reading about them!

Un gros bisou,

Marguerite