Monday, April 30, 2007

The Month of May

Despite the fact the May always follows April I am again surprised to find myself in the month of Mary. Like Minnesota Mom, I'll be running out to gather a few things for the day.

One thing I've always wanted to try was a Mary Garden. The dear man that he is, my husband recently indulged me in the purchase of an old book called , "Mary's Flowers: Gardens, Legends and Meditations" Although a dingy green thumb may lead us to a nice patch of hearty marigolds this year, I can at least learn more about the different flowers whose names gave honor to our beloved Mother. One place to take a peek is these fine folk in PA http://www.mgardens.org/ .

Here's an amazing list of possible flowers and their meanings: http://www.fisheaters.com/marygardens.html as well as May crowning ideashttp://www.fisheaters.com/customseastertide5.html.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Sarah?...Sarah Jane?...Is that you?! Good to see you, or read you as the case may be! I'll try to check in here once in a while (Ask Maggie, I'm not a great conversationalist with the computer). I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. We're doing good, just realizing that twins who crawl are a LOT more work than twins who just lie on the floor and stare at you.
Take care!

Jenn said...

Okay, I just realized you may not know who I am...silly me! You old roommate, the one who liked to listen to REM and where fake birkenstocks! Yes, that was me.

Jenn said...

One more time, obviously I don't preview my comments and even though spelling has always been one of my strong points, today it eludes me. Please change you to your and where to wear. Thank you.